Friday 26 August 2011

I Wish . . .

Well, we’re back.  We’ve been away for the week and it seems lots has happened in the blogosphere since I’ve been gone – Daddy gets a bit cross if Mummy and I use the computer where we’re on holiday, which I suppose is fair enough, so I’ve been a bit out of touch. Apologies if I’ve not commented on things as much as normal this week, or if I’ve been slow to respond to emails or tweets.
Anyway, it seems that I’ve been tagged by White Lily Mummy to tell you all about what I would wish for if I could.  How tricky!  Just one wish!
I’m an only child at the moment, and although I’m learning the ‘social skills’ Mummy and Daddy were keen to instil in me at nursery, it’s not quite the same as a sibling.  Now, don’t misunderstand me – I’m not going to waste my only wish on a baby brother or sister, (although I know Mummy is really broody at the moment).  If we suddenly had a new baby in the family, that title would be snatched from my sticky fingers, and it has its perks.  Not wishing to brag, but I get spoilt rotten! 
It helps because a lot of my family live a long way away so I don’t get to see them very often.  They shower me with gifts when I do visit – clothes, toys, gifts.  It’s great!  Of course, it’s lovely to see family, and I know Mummy and Daddy like to spend time with everyone, but I do love being the baby and always being the centre of attention.
So I suppose my wish is that family lived closer.  It would be great to be closer, physically and then emotionally, too.  The parents would be happier that way, too, and that’s got to be a good thing. I’m sure that would mean not so many goodies, but I think that would be worth it.  Perhaps then if I could get used to that, a sibling wouldn’t be so bad after all.
CB

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post CB..thank you for joining in. We live just over an hour away from my family, and I wish we all lived closer. I hope you have a wonderful bank holiday, and you are spoilt rotten!!xxx

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave me a comment - they make my day.