Wednesday 29 June 2011

The GymNurseryum

I’m sure most people don’t give two hoots about the Beckhams’ new baby, and for the most part, I’m one of them.  I will admit to being just the tiniest curious as to what they will call the little mite, and the slightest tone of anxiety stems from the ‘unusual’ names they’ve given their boys.  It’s a bit of a compulsion.  Like picking off a scab too soon – you know it’s going to hurt, but you just can’t help yourself!
So while we wait for the birth, news is out that apparently the baby will go straight into her own room.  I’m sure it will be a very grand room, full of the most expensive toys and decorations (and which parents wouldn’t do that if they could?) but I’m not sure how the family wealth exempts them from the medical advice that says a baby should sleep in the same room as the parents till at least 6 months.
I’m not judging that really either, because Mummy and Daddy couldn’t deal with my snoring so I moved into my room before 6  months, but I do think it’s a shame that they’re not even planning to give it a go for a while.
But I digress.  The thing that really caught my eye about this story was the fact that the nursery is replacing the gym, which moves out to the garage – it’s only a four-bedroomed house!  Perhaps they are still human after all, having to rearrange the space at home to accommodate a new baby.
So, any guesses for a name?
CB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, leave me a comment - they make my day.