Tuesday 31 May 2011

Baby Food For Thought

Everywhere I turn at the moment, people are talking or writing about Cheryl Cole.  If you can’t beat them . . .
I’m not going to go on about the X Factor Axe, either side of the pond – a difficult week for her, but I’m sure we’ll hear from her again.
The story that fascinates me is her diet.  Allegedly, she, and various other famous females, are eating jars of baby food!  I just don’t get it!  We babies are always making eyes at people around the table, willing them to give us a bit of whatever they’re eating.  Even a small bit.  A taste, then.  A lick?  We want to enjoy our food and it’s all about taste, texture and trying new things.
How funny that our mummies are worried about our weight, but generally because they want us to put on more, whereas these super-skinny waif-like creatures are doing everything they can to lose as much weight as possible.  Funny then that we eat the same thing.
It might be a fad for Cheryl.  I didn’t eat orange slop for more than a couple of months before I started wanting something I could get my first two teeth into.  You don’t have to chew much baby food, so I suppose it’s quite easy to eat if you’re in a hurry, and there are a lot of different flavours to choose these days.  They’re not very calorific, which I guess is the appeal for skinny grown-ups.
Just beware, scrawny ladies – don’t spill even the smallest bit of baby food on your incredibly expensive designer wardrobe because there is no stain-remover known to man that can shift the orange marks.   Perhaps I’ll start a campaign to get them all swigging formula instead – nutritionally balanced, at least for little babies, and just rubs in to most clothes.  Believe me, I’ve watched Mummy do it!
Bon appétit!
CB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, leave me a comment - they make my day.